To be able to send mobile notifications, you must first add the mobile applications on which you plan to send these notifications.
Dialog Insight supports mobile notifications to iOS (Apple) and Android (Google) apps via Google’s Firebase Cloud Messaging.
|Access Path||> Configuration > Push notifications|
In Firebase Cloud Messaging platform
- First of all, you must setup your mobile application(s) in Google’s Firebase Cloud Messaging, for each desired platform iOS and Apple.
- (Optional *) Retrieve the sender ID and the server key. You will have to specify these two keys in Dialog Insight.
- Check out this video for instructions.
* Dialog Insight advises using a connection through Firebase SSO authorization that does not use the sender key (Sender ID) and the server key (Server key). This connection method allows more advanced functions such as adding an image in the notification.
In Dialog Insight
The mobile configuration offers two types of Firebase account login used by your app.
Using Firebase SSO Authorization
SSO authorization enables the most recent communication protocol to be used between Firebase and DI systems. It has the following benefits over the previous protocol:
Better security with access tokens.
More effective personalization of messages across all platforms.
Fully supports messaging options available on iOS and Android platforms.
Establishing a connection using the server key and the sender ID
Configuring the mobile app with this method uses an outdated protocol that is not recommended.
(Optimal) Create authorization via Firebase SSO
- Select Push Notification in the Configuration section of the main menu.
- Click the Firebase Authorizations button, then create an authorization.
- Enter a name that makes it easy to recognize the authorization.
- Enter the Firebase project ID. This information can be found in the Project Settings page by clicking on the gear icon on your Firebase platform.
- Click Retrieve Authorization Tokens.
- Enter your Google account credentials linked to the Firebase project.
- Click on the Save button.
Configure the mobile app
- Select Push Notification in the Configuration section of the main menu of the DI platform.
- Press the Add your mobile app button.
- Click the pencil icon to name the app.
- Click on the Configure button.
- Choose the type of connection to Firebase using the radio buttons.
- Through a Firebase SSO authorization : Choose from the drop-down list the authorization created previously in connection with the mobile application.
- Through the sender ID and the server key: Enter the sender ID and the server key in the appropriate fields.
- Click on the Save button.
Once the configuration is done, you get the Dialog Insight key (Application ID). This key is different for each platform. It will be used in the configuration of the DI library in your mobile application
Configuring the Dialog Insight library
A member of the Dialog Insight team must step in at this stage. You must give them the following details:
- If you want to create or edit the contact who uses the mobile app in the DI project. Note that the creation of the contact is done, if no project key match is found.
Specify the fields allowed to be synchronized in Dialog Insight.
If you want to control the identity of the mobile application who asks to create or modify a contact.
In the mobile app
Note that this step must be done by a developer who has access to the code of your application.
Follow the steps below to add the Dialog Insight library to your mobile application in accordance with its platform: